My life so far – versioned. Also check out experimental development: what I'm doing now.
- Started going to the gym to build muscle.
- Made effort to eat more regularly and with more detail.
- Started noting three things I'm grateful for each day in a notebook.
- Decided to cut down on beer, due to being generally bored with it.
- Turned focus to red wine and hard liquor.
- Started doing yoga and stretcing exercises more regularly.
- Cut off long hair.
- Thanks to flexible remote work opportunity in Lookback, I decided to start travelling full time ("nomading").
- Lived in Brazil, UK, California, Madrid, New York, Austria, Montréal, and Paraguay.
- Gained invaluable experiences in foreign cultures.
- Made friends with crazy warm people from all over the world, but felt more lonely than in a long while.
- Started to appreciate South American culture very much.
- Decided to drop out of university to join Lookback.
- Gained huge experience in remote communication.
- Enabled a flexible work life style, but decrease in work-life balance.
- Got new journal.
- Joined sexIT – the social society at the Software Engineering faculty at Chalmers.
- Had the time of my life.
- Started studying Software Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Was severely challenged in technical studies.
- Gained closest relationships I've ever had and still have.
- Learned about love, and how to screw it up.
- Started freelancing in graphic and web design/development. Gained experience in working with small, medium, and large company clients. Developed in business communication and tech skills, as well as dealing with setting up my own company.
- Began noting thoughts, poems, sketches, lyrics and quotes in a Moleskine journal.
- Moved to Calgary, Canada for a year, to stay with relatives.
- Started working at Starbucks in Calgary. Earned bullshit "Certified Barista" badge.
- Emerged in foreign environment and developed in English, social interactions, as well as learning to take care of myself, to some extent.
- Visited Hawaii, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia.
- Bought johanbrook.com and started iterating on my own homepage.
- Ended high school, with personal focus on web design and development.
- Developed as a person in social interactions.
- Decided to not apply for university right after, and instead try to work in a non-computerized environment.
- Began high school at technical program. Develops deeper interests for programming and development.
- Found great friends with similar interests.
- Born. Note: At this stage, my external API became stable after a period of alpha and beta development in mother's womb.